Wanna Play Pickle Ball?
A Pickle Ball Court
A Pickle Ball Story
A Pickle Ball Schedule
The Pickle Ball Guidelines
YWAM Baguio has Loakan Proper’s First Pickle Ball Court!
We had a 4-story training facility with housing and classrooms. One day, a water leak revealed faults with the building’s structural integrity. It had to come down.
Once the demolition was complete, we had a paved courtyard. We started using it for welcome dinners, graduation celebrations, and other YWAM Baguio events. Thinking outside the box, our sports coordinator saw another use for the courtyard… with special emphasis on the word “court”.
Kiko laid down some tape to create a border and installed posts to hang a net. Now, we have…
A PICKLE BALL COURT!
Kiko’s Introduction to Pickle Ball
During the pandemic, a friend who coaches sports invited me to play pickle ball. Pickle ball was one of the few sports the Local Government Units (LGUs) allowed to play during the lockdown. (Mormons initially introduced the game in the city.)
The game is easy enough to learn, so a YWAM friend wondered, “Why not use pickle ball – or other sports – to form friendships in the community and then share God’s message with them?” I wholeheartedly agreed!
Better Place Performance (BP2) gave me my first pickle ball paddles and I asked the Lord to make pickle ball a ministry. Initially, there wasn’t anyone for me to play with, so I shared with other staff at YWAM Baguio. They agreed that it would be a great way to reach our community and they learned how to play.
Sure enough, the youth who hang out in our courtyard watched as we played. I handed one a paddle, inviting him to play. That’s all it took and now we have twelve teams playing pickle ball regularly and training for the upcoming pickle ball tournament in Baguio City.
The heart of YWAM Baguio’s pickle ball ministry is to introduce the game to other YWAM bases and churches, so that they can also reach their local communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Pickle Ball Players In Action
Bringing God’s Word Engaging Hearts
Upcoming Pickle Ball Events
Bear in Mind:
- Rain may cause delay of play or cancellation;
- Players participate on a first-come first-served basis;
- Fans are welcome to cheer on their favorite pickle ball players – so long as they’re not too rowdy or rude to the other players;
- Guests are only allowed in the courtyard (YWAM Baguio buildings are off limits);
- Please keep noise levels down (in front) as many of our YWAM Baguio staff are working and learners are studying;
- Please keep the courtyard clean;
- Please return borrowed equipment;
- Please treat our property as if it were a private home (because YWAMers live here);
- We want everyone to be safe and happy, so we have a zero-tolerance bullying policy;
- Have fun!!!
Get Exclusive Updates
- Cutting edge